Being that Apex is still a fairly new game, we wanted to give it time to simmer before reporting on anything huge – Apex was launched for free worldwide without any major ad campaigns and amassed a huge player-base, defeating Fortnite at its own game and practically sucker punching Epic Games while busting into the battle royale market. We still do not have an exact date on when season 1 for Apex will start, but we do know that it will be march – maybe the season drop will be a surprise too?
Understandably, being a new game without a worldwide beta experience, we believe Apex developers are working to further stabilize the game and their battle royale model…and they likely are taking a backseat to Anthem. Both Apex and Anthem run under the EA flag – Anthem has been out worldwide for just a week and has already experienced some major issues with connectivity across all platforms causing a shutdown to all servers for emergency maintenance on March 1st.
Related: Anthem Quick Update
Just like in other games like Fornite, Apex has data miners who are running through the game files searching for upcoming game content – and more recently they have found a possible new character, Octane.
- Swift Mend (Passive)
- While not taking damage. Octane restores health over time.
- Adrenaline Junkie (Tactical)
- Move 30% faster for 6 seconds. Cost 10% health and immune to slows while active.
- Launch Pad (Ultimate)
- Deployable jump pad that catapults users through the air.
There is still no confirmation on whether this is a true legend that will appear in the game or not, but several sources are claiming it to be true – we will have to wait and see on this one. Other Legends that were previously leaked called “Wattson” who has an ability to use a Tesla Trap and “Blackout” who might have a jamming ability and another called “Prophet” with a precognition ability. – will these new legends drop with Season 1?
Some More (unconfirmed) Apex Leaks:
- Solo and Duo game modes featuring 60 players.
- Shields & respawn stations ditched for solos.
- LTM: Recruit
- Reported by GamingIntel this mode will allow you to kill an enemy player who will then join your ‘team’ – similar to Infenction on Call of Duty. There will be three teams of 20 players.
- New Grenades
- Smoke Grenade
- Orbital Strike – fire rockets from the sky.
- Tick – seek enemies and explode on contact (tickers from Gears of War?)
- Jump Kits
- Data miners were unable to find out exactly what these do, but judging by the name, we assume they will be lootable items that allow you to re-jump and launch yourself across the map…or maybe give your character the ability to jump further.
- Survival Training
- 20 players on a map with bots – possible a horde mode feature.